Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

I wonder if other countries use fireworks for their patriotic celebrations -- I'll let you know if I ever take the trouble to look into it. As Chani said, we went to Bristol to see the fireworks - they're SO BEAUTIFUL!! Now that I'm thinking back, I can't remember any rainy 4th of July's, can you?

Bristol seems to be the holiday town around here -- it's the town where the high school is, so it's kind of the hub for many surrounding towns. (And there are probably few towns that do a better job at Halloween than Bristol!!)

We're going to read the Declaration of Indedependence together today, and possibly watch the move 1776. Bi mentioned yesterday that until Thomas Jefferson became president, everyone was expected to bow before presidents, as though they were royalty. He changed all that. Way to go, Mr. Jefferson!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment